Sunday, January 1, 2012

Getting Started

Hello, My name is Amy and this is my blog.
Here's a little bit about me and my family. I am 33 years old, I have 3 kids...almost 12, just turned 10 and a 7 year old. We love to go on what the kids call "Mom's Adventures". What we do is we pick a place or a couple places with in the same area and get in the car and see what we can find. We don't have a lot of money so most of the time they are free and sometimes they cost very little. We don't do expensive things often...if ever. But we ALWAYS have fun!
I am a very organized person...sometimes to a fault. I want to see and do everything the world has to offer. I may never get to many of the places I want to go, but I've planned out all the trips anyway. My favorite past-time is exploring places to go and things to see.
I recently borrowed all my regional travel guides and brochures to a friend that moved to my area...she has a couple kids and wanted to do some things with them over the summer. Two months later, she hadn't gone or done anything because she said that every time she looked at my things, it was too overwhelming and she didn't know where to start. She said she just wanted me to tell her what to do. I got to thinking about it and I get it, travel guides are great, they give you all the information you need but most people don't have time to go through a several hundred page book looking for something to do for a day or two. I know from experience that it can take several hours and even days looking through the books, getting on Google Maps, locating different places and where they are in comparison to other places, determining what it around the area you picked to go to, etc. Especially if you are unfamiliar with the area. So I decided, since I love to plan trips and I have notebooks full of them, I would start a blog...I would 'tell you what to do".
I hope you enjoy the trips I have planned. Trips are suppose to be fun, not stressful so let someone else do the work! But don't forget to take lots of pictures! Nikon D5100 16.2MP Digital SLR Camera with AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3. (Google Affiliate Ad)Thank you
PS: Please bear with me as I get started in this adventure...It's going to take some time to post all these trips.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment